Welcome to the “Show Me The Way” podcast with David Seitter
In this episode of “Show Me The Way,” Dave introduces the show, and himself, as he discusses what the show is about, and what he hope listeners will be able to take away from the show.
Ep. 1 — Introducing Show Me The Way
What is “Show Me The Way” About?
Dave opens by introducing the show and its purpose – sharing secrets regarding business succession planning, the merger and acquisition experience, and successful exits.
Dave notes that there have been a series of questions from his guests about why he is starting the podcast, and what it is about.
- He says to answer what it is about, check out his book Quiet Plans-Exciting Results which tells the stories of people he has had the privilege of interacting with, and helping grow their businesses.
- After receiving feedback on his book, Dave says he wondered what else he could do to help a business owner in the United States. The result is this podcast – interviews with business owners about succession planning, M&As and exit strategies.
Introducing David Seitter and Show Topics
Dave notes that he is not a conventional attorney based on personality tests and expectations from his own firm.
- He adds that he has been practicing law for over 40 years, representing clients in various industries including construction, manufacturing, distribution, and financial services.
- Dave continues by noting that the connection that he has enjoyed is to deal with them as a human being who just happens to have a law degree to assist them in their day to day endeavors.
He continues by discussing what you can expect from the show, and what topics will be covered.
- Dave says you will hear first-hand accounts of the successes generated by various business owners.
- He adds that you will also hear about some of the failures, setbacks, and struggles that the business owners went through during the process to their ultimate exit.
- Some of the guests include:
- Todd Riley from Creative Blow Mold moving from being an employee to owning and buying businesses.
- Joe Suhor, Former CEO of Wilbert Funeral Services, using a simple business strategy to move towards an exit by a well-known entrepreneur
- Matt Slawson’s transition from helping the owner sell the business to purchasing the business himself
- Jeff Crooks as a business intermediary from Apex Business Advisors helping others buy and sell businesses
David’s book, Quiet Plans, Exciting Results is available on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3mPMKyn
This podcast is provided for educational purposes. It does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship. The recommendations contained in this podcast are not necessarily appropriate for every individual or business. In determining the best course of action, business owners should consult with an attorney on their distinct circumstances.